I've got heaps of stuff to blog about, but everytime I start typing, I can't seem to recall the exact feelings that I felt and experienced when all these things happened to me.
I can't summarise them because they are my stories, my life stories, stories that happen in my life, and I can't just type them out and regurgitate them word for word, feeling for feeling, for the sake of blogging, for telling everyone what happened to me, for letting strangers and friends out there know about the contents of my life, like a diary with words and feelings, but there's not an ounce of life in it.
I would like to tell you my stories one-on-one, face to face, then at least my stories will be lively, with my gestures and facial expressions and even the tone of my voice will change the impression of the stories in my life because it will be so different from reading it off a computer screen.
My stories are wonderful and pleasant to hear, because they are all genuine, all real, not made up, not created, and rather long because I tend to tell you every single detail from the beginning to the end, to make sure you get everything absorbed, to the extent that some of my friends think that I am too self-centred, that my stories are too long, that i can go on and on about my story and not bother to listen to theirs, but more often than not, they don't have any stories for me, because they for one, do not have any time to go through their life stories with me no matter how interested I am in their lives; two, they are too busy with worrying about what is going to happen in the future, than to stop and think about how good God is in their lives, about how fortunate they are to not be inflicted with major troubles; three, i can't remember what other reasons i've got, but it doesn't matter anyway.
I realised I have gotten off the subject, that I'm supposed to blog about.
O well, hmm... now I'll just blog whatever that comes to mind.
As you read all my previous posts, you would have or would not have realised that everything that I've posted about had a double meaning, like I'm blogging in a code language.
There are always two or more meanings to a text, the literal meaning and the implied/hiddden meaning in the text. The first one is the easiest to grasp because it's just the words, but the latter one is harder because everyone reads a text from a different perspective. Thus, my implied meaning differs from yours.
I took literature once in sec 1 and sec 2, because it was a compulsory subject. I got full marks for poetry in sec 1 , but I can't seem to be able to pen anymore poems now. In sec 2, my literature became borderline passing marks because I don't like to read books for exams. It just feels so weird to study a storybook for an exam, and get yourself sick of that book after that. The storybook becomes so hard to be read properly after that because of all the notes and tabbing surrounding it, with all the different perspectives and meanings scribbled all around it, that it becomes extremely difficult to read the story and to come up with your own interpretations of it without looking at all those scribblings around it.
In addition, I personally do not think that I have a good grasp of the english language, that I can write well, that my language is good, but so far all my assignment marks this year has proven me wrong. I know friends who write profoundly, and fantastically, with all those flowery language, or just "chimness" to the max, but not me, I am just simple.
Oh and Steph, have a safe flight back to Singapore, have a great time munching on all the goodies and have a great holiday!
See you soon!
Good Night.
I can't summarise them because they are my stories, my life stories, stories that happen in my life, and I can't just type them out and regurgitate them word for word, feeling for feeling, for the sake of blogging, for telling everyone what happened to me, for letting strangers and friends out there know about the contents of my life, like a diary with words and feelings, but there's not an ounce of life in it.
I would like to tell you my stories one-on-one, face to face, then at least my stories will be lively, with my gestures and facial expressions and even the tone of my voice will change the impression of the stories in my life because it will be so different from reading it off a computer screen.
My stories are wonderful and pleasant to hear, because they are all genuine, all real, not made up, not created, and rather long because I tend to tell you every single detail from the beginning to the end, to make sure you get everything absorbed, to the extent that some of my friends think that I am too self-centred, that my stories are too long, that i can go on and on about my story and not bother to listen to theirs, but more often than not, they don't have any stories for me, because they for one, do not have any time to go through their life stories with me no matter how interested I am in their lives; two, they are too busy with worrying about what is going to happen in the future, than to stop and think about how good God is in their lives, about how fortunate they are to not be inflicted with major troubles; three, i can't remember what other reasons i've got, but it doesn't matter anyway.
I realised I have gotten off the subject, that I'm supposed to blog about.
O well, hmm... now I'll just blog whatever that comes to mind.
As you read all my previous posts, you would have or would not have realised that everything that I've posted about had a double meaning, like I'm blogging in a code language.
There are always two or more meanings to a text, the literal meaning and the implied/hiddden meaning in the text. The first one is the easiest to grasp because it's just the words, but the latter one is harder because everyone reads a text from a different perspective. Thus, my implied meaning differs from yours.
I took literature once in sec 1 and sec 2, because it was a compulsory subject. I got full marks for poetry in sec 1 , but I can't seem to be able to pen anymore poems now. In sec 2, my literature became borderline passing marks because I don't like to read books for exams. It just feels so weird to study a storybook for an exam, and get yourself sick of that book after that. The storybook becomes so hard to be read properly after that because of all the notes and tabbing surrounding it, with all the different perspectives and meanings scribbled all around it, that it becomes extremely difficult to read the story and to come up with your own interpretations of it without looking at all those scribblings around it.
In addition, I personally do not think that I have a good grasp of the english language, that I can write well, that my language is good, but so far all my assignment marks this year has proven me wrong. I know friends who write profoundly, and fantastically, with all those flowery language, or just "chimness" to the max, but not me, I am just simple.
Oh and Steph, have a safe flight back to Singapore, have a great time munching on all the goodies and have a great holiday!
See you soon!
Good Night.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home