Thursday, October 05, 2006

I lost my necklace and a pair of earrings in a small little plastic bag i got from nee's shop at my friend's place half a week ago. i feel like crying, not because of the jewellery, but the way my friend treated me. She sounded so nonchalant, so i-don't-care-it's-not-my-necklace-earrings-so-none-of-my-business attitude. the necklace was a 20th birthday present from my aussie friends in college. It holds lots of sentimental value to me, but more importantly, i guess it's because my 20th birthday seemed like my 21st birthday.

Sometimes i wonder why i give my good/close friends birthday presents. stress myself over their presents, thinking of what to get them for their 21st birthdays, thinking if they will like the presents, will they use them, brainstorm about ways to "sabo" them, to make their 21st birthdays the best ever, kind.
But when my birthday comes, all I get are SMSes and presents from those who I am not close to, and none from those that I know/or try to convince myself that i do know them, and we are close friends? or maybe just acquaintances. not even a card, or a personal "happy birthday", but just an sms. i know "it's the thought that counts." right? but i think it's just me thinking that my friends whom i think are my friends will actually throw a celebration for me just as I thought of all those that me and others had thrown for them, that i actually turned down an offer that my parents will fly over to Adelaide to come celebrate with me. but it's just all my wishful thinking, and to my horror of horrors, something that I have been trying to deny/run away from/avoid, but i think the truth is there right at my face, is that whom i thought to be my friends are no longer my friends, and maybe those i never thought we will be friends will be my friends.

So, i sincerely hope that necklace and earrings are lying around somewhere, and if anyone ever find it, it's the pair of earrings i bought from EQUIP and that i told elsa, that i had the same pair of earrings with her, the necklace matches the earrings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home